Old 28-06-2015, 12:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods[_2_] Gary Woods[_2_] is offline

Default First garlic harvest

"Terry Coombs" wrote:

When the leaves turned brown halfway up I dug up a couple , they had nice
bulbs . Then I read that I should wait until the foilage is all brown , but
I think any time after half is brown will work

If you wait until all leaves are dead, you won't have good wrappers on the
bulb. Half brown is fine; by then the bulbs are as big as they're going to
get.