Old 29-06-2015, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Problems with radish

On 29/06/2015 14:30, Broadback wrote:
We grow quite a lot of radish (French Breakfast) as we love it. However
once the radish mature they have a number of round holes eaten in mainly
the root, but also in the leaf. What are the cause/es of this, and is
there an easy prevention? It is no great deal, but the radishes do not
look as good on the salad plate with the damage cut out.

It's ages since I grew radishes, but I'd hazard a guess at Flea Beetles
for leaf damage, and Wire Worms for root damage.
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will pop up if there's another
likely suspect.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London