Old 01-07-2015, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Tomato plants

On 26/06/2015 10:07, Syke wrote:

-- I have two Gro-bags with two plants in each, and when pinching off
the side shoots of one (Alicante), I absentmindedly pinched off the main
shoot. Will it be worth keeping or should I replace it (if it's not too
late)?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke

This can happen, as you have found out.
When removing side shoots rub them out by hand, don't use a knife as
this makes it easier to remove the main shoot.
Always work from the top down, so that if you take out the top then you
still have a side shoot to grow on.
You can grow a side shoot on quite easily to replace the main shoot, in
fact I have often taken a side shoot from an adjacent plant to fill in a
gap caused by loosing a plant.