Old 04-07-2015, 12:09 AM
Champagne4lulu Champagne4lulu is offline
Registered User

Default Climbing fig not attaching to wall

Hello! Complete novice gardener here and usually I unintentionally kill everything I touch this time however I am off to a better start and everything seems to be doing okay. So far.

I have an ugly cement board fence that I'm trying to cover with creeping fig. It's potted in a large planter and is growing well, just not attaching to the wall. It's been in for about 4 weeks. Im in Australia so it's winter and I know growth is probably slower now. Im more concerned about it not attaching. Is this normal for 4 weeks in or could it be the cement board it doesn't like? Should I put up some chicken wire to help it along?

I've recently topped soil with a mushroom mulch and occasionally fertilise with power feed which it seems to like. Thoughts??