Old 05-07-2015, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default What to ompost [Was: Sorry folks, I am still alive!!!]

Good morning.

I change the subject to facilitate locating the thread.

On Sun, 5 Jul 2015 01:14:47 +0100,
Christina Websell wrote:
Is he not with us any more then? It's still a good question.
I'll start. I compost all vegetable waste from the kitchen, all annual
weeds, teabags, vacuum cleaner fluff, and all cleanings from my chicken
huts. Wood ash from my woodburner. Some cardboard and paper. Some prunings
(but this slows it down)

The vacuum cleaner bags always contain a quantity of synthetical dust
which will never copost. I am unable to tell, if this is bad or
unimportant, but venture that it depends on many factors and you should
maybe find out about your own dust, before using it in the garden.

I find it simpler to just avoid composting the vacuum cleaner dust.

Michael

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]