Old 05-07-2015, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default What to ompost [Was: Sorry folks, I am still alive!!!]

nor
paper or cardboard (both of which go for recycling), although in
principle there's no reason why these last two shouldn't be composted.

Monty Don, mentioned a few years ago, that he adds a greater % of
cardboard / paper, than I would ever had imagined, but always willing
to have a go, I tried adding every scrap of corrugated cardboard and
shredded paper, I had (possibly 25%) , and have never had such good
compost.
It rots quicker.