Old 05-07-2015, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Little beetles

"Vir Campestris" wrote

We've got these on some of our plants - the lily pictured

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Number774/100_0678%20Little%20beetles_zpsao970u2q.jpg

AKA

http://tinyurl.com/ocr7n5v

and on some other plants - notably roses and peonies. I have a feeling that
this is the reason the flowers are getting a bit dog-eared. The lily has
also had a few go brown without even opening. So 2 questions

- Are the brown, not opening, flowers likely to be the beetles? Another
candidate is drought...

- Is there anything I can spray the little b**s with that won't kill the
bees? I'm kind of reluctant to try to get them all off with a pooter,
there are _hundreds_!

Well they certainly are not Lily Beetle which are much larger and bright
red. They actually look like Flea Beetle but I understood they confined
themselves to brassicas (or my wife's bright yellow blouse!)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.