Old 06-07-2015, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Little beetles

On 06/07/2015 07:52, Jeff Layman wrote:

Looks like they could be pollen beetles.
https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=799

There are other reasons why that would match:

"Heavy infestations of pollen beetles are more likely to occur in rural
areas in the vicinity of oil-seed rape crops."

And the nearest oilseed rape is a good 10m away! Since it's no longer
flowering they will of course be heading for any flowers they can see.
And it also seems they are harmless, so I'll put the brown flowers down
to drought. The lilies have certainly picked up since I gave them a good
soaking - and then it rained. Not much, but a bit.

Thanks

Andy