Old 06-07-2015, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Gardening motivation survey - Will you help?

On 06/07/2015 21:27, Andy Burns wrote:
Eline wrote:

I would like to invite you to participate in a survey

It let me get several pages in, then on the page with all the sliders
for reasons why you do gardening, it said

"It is required that you agree to all the statements mentioned below
before continuing. If you do not agree to all statements, you can close
the window to leave the survey."

even though I'd ticked all the T&C buttons on the first page, so I
couldn't complete it ...

Same here. What browser were you using. I use Thunderbird. It
probably means thet the survey has been designed sopecifically for IE.
I have had this in other cases e.g. a custom website editor for our
church website which bonly works with IE and a claims submt form for an
exam board I work for which needs IE to finally submit the claim.

I am afraid that website designers used IE compliant software and then
do not check that it it compatible with other common browsers. This has
been a problem for years since MS became heavily involved in software
and was accepted by many as the de-facto standard

Malcolm