Old 07-07-2015, 02:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Can you identify this tree?

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 04:39:10 -0700 (PDT), Sisyphus
wrote:

Hi All,

can anybody help me to identify this tree please? I think it may be some kind of birch, but if it is, I need to find out which one, so that I know just how much bigger it is likely to get. It's about 7m high at the moment.

http://s293.photobucket.com/user/vis...s/library/Tree

It's in my garden in the east of Scotland, probably planted about 10 - 15 years ago.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

That's not any kind of birch I've ever seen... birch have catkins, not
berries. Those fruit look like hawthorne but the leaves are wrong...
those fruit also look like linden but again the leaves are wrong.
Those leaves look somewhat like cherry but those fruit are not
cherries. You might want to bring a sample to a local nursery.