Old 08-07-2015, 12:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Can you identify this tree?

On 7/07/2015 9:39 PM, Sisyphus wrote:
Hi All,

can anybody help me to identify this tree please? I think it may be some kind of birch, but if it is, I need to find out which one, so that I know just how much bigger it is likely to get. It's about 7m high at the moment.

http://s293.photobucket.com/user/vis...s/library/Tree

It's in my garden in the east of Scotland, probably planted about 10 - 15 years ago.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I'd say it's a cherry by the look of the bark, foliage and the fruit but
you'd be best placed asking in the uk.rec.gardening newsgroup as they at
least are British gardeners and I know there are a few Scots in that group.