Old 08-07-2015, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default oxygen saturation in water butts

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 16:52:37 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Out of interest, how do composts based on coir perform? Are they as
prone to degrading to impermeable humus as peat, or do the coir fibres
help maintain an open structure?

I'm using coir now, with very little peat. Seems to have all the same
problems. Perlite helps, lots of it. Wish I could get composted pine
bark here, I've found a place but it's a 3 hour drive (each way) and of
course they're closed for 6 weeks this summer!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy