Old 16-07-2015, 12:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Japanese beetle traps - do they attract more bugs to your garden?

On 7/15/2015 10:44 PM, passerby wrote:
replying to Frank , passerby wrote:
"frank " wrote:

No longer a problem with me. Maybe spread of milky spore disease got
them or natural predators. I remember the days of a gypsy moth problem
but that has also disappeared. In the last couple of years, it was
stink bugs but now I seldom see one. In these three cases, I did not
do anything but balance of nature must have taken over.

Gee, man, where do you live? I may consider moving to that magical place
with no bugs!

I did not say, no bugs in Delaware.
What I said was that plague of these bugs diminished significantly.
My suspicion is that birds, bats and other insects found the plagues
tasty after a while.

Bugs are one thing but now it's weeds. Wish deer ate Japanese stilt grass.