Old 16-07-2015, 03:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Damned Leaf Spot

Sigh. It seems that I get a second year of tomato leaf spot.

At least I think I recognized it earlier this year than last. The
plants still look vibrant. And I know not to get lax about respraying
like I did last year. I had the thought to do a preemptive spraying
of copper sulfate when I set them out. I should have followed through
with that.

Unfortunately we were out of town last week, and I was recovering
from exhaustion for the beginning of the week. Otherwise, I might
have figured it out sooner.

On the up side, I ate the first tomato and first cucumber of the
year yesterday.

I had thinned the cucumber cages to about half the density of last
year, and I'm thinking they may still be too crowded. I had to
weave the vines onto the cages yesterday, since they'd sprawled
about 4 feet instead of climbing.

--
Drew Lawson
"Please understand that we are considerably less interested