Old 17-07-2015, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Dumb strimmer question

On Sat, 16 May 2015 16:10:43 +0100, Flynno wrote:

Hi

I've ressurected an old Black & Decker GL330 bump-feed strimmer

Can't so far get the bump-feed to work ...

Q: what way should I be winding the strimmer line on to the spool -
clockwise or anti-clockwise?

The spool housing spins anti-clockwise

TIA

Only strimmer I've ever made work is a Flymo one where you press a button on the side of the spool (while it's off, while pulling the string gently). The auto feed and bump feed crap never ever works.

--
FIGHT BACK! Fill out your tax forms with Roman numerals.