Old 19-07-2015, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Bligh****ch and tomatoes

"David" wrote

I've given up growing outdoor tomatoes because of persistent problems with
blight destroying the crop.

Bligh****ch is reporting Full Smiths Period for my area, so this looks
like a wise decision.

We grow them every year but have given up anything that is not said to be
Blight Resistant, so we no longer bother with Roma and Brigade (not that you
can get that excellent cooking Tom now). This year it's only Ferline and
Fantasio and also Losetto in hanging baskets at home with some volunteers of
last years Losetto, some of which we grew on the plot, growing well too
amongst the courgettes. Yes. eventually even the Blight Resistant plants get
infected but usually you still get a decent crop.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.