Old 20-07-2015, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley[_3_] Stewart Robert Hinsley[_3_] is offline

Default Trying to ID this knee-high perennial

On 20/07/2015 15:29, gogo wrote:
On 20/07/2015 13:31, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
On 20/07/2015 13:12, Compo in Caithness wrote:
A neighbour has offered me a root of this knee-high perennial plant
but I can't find out what it's called. Can anyone help with the ID,
please?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Z...2/IMG_3527.JPG

Rehmannia?

I think you are right! I bought one at Waitrose but could not remember
the name of the plant!

I saw it in Waitrose on Saturday, which is why the name came to mind.
The photograph is not at an ideal angle, and I'm not sure whether it's
the same plant.

--
SRH