Old 20-07-2015, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default trees in the park

On 20/07/2015 12:14, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 19/07/2015 23:34, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 20/07/2015 1:31 AM, stuart noble wrote:

I see there's an app called Treezilla produced by Open University. Have
been unable to complete the registration process though. Sigh

If you really want to know the identity of this tree, why don't you try
posting a description? Given the identifications made by some of the
members of this group over the years based on pretty vague descriptions,
I'm sure someone here will be enlighten you.

It's not this particular tree I'm interested in but the lack of
accessible information about trees in general, especially in the London
royal parks.
There probably aren't too many trees in flower (white) at the moment
that have such a sweet scent. Bunches of small white, bell-like

flowers.

Chionanthus?

Janet

Indian Bean Tree (Catalpa bignonioides) apparently. Just had
confirmation from the Royal Parks Dept. If we were Japanese there would
be a festival celebrating the arrival of its blossom!
Thanks to all who offered advice