Old 21-07-2015, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default trees in the park

On 20/07/2015 20:36, stuart noble wrote:
Indian Bean Tree (Catalpa bignonioides) apparently. Just had
confirmation from the Royal Parks Dept. If we were Japanese there would
be a festival celebrating the arrival of its blossom!
Thanks to all who offered advice

Ours isn't even thinking about flowering and last year the wind blew
all the blossom off so we got no beans. I'm wondering if we should give
up on it - a windy hillside isn't right for it.

Andy