Old 22-07-2015, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Tropical fruit seeds

In article ,
says...

On 22/07/2015 2:50 AM, Janet wrote:

Easiest of all (though only sub-tropical) are kiwi fruit. I've had them
germinate after winter in the compost heap. One of them having survived
several winters with no protection, is currently making a robust
territorial bid on our somewhat crowded front fence.

The very hairy red stems and big leaves lend a jungly exotic look though
its unlikely ever to bear edible fruit here in Scotland.

It might if you have a kiwi fruit of each sex (need both for fruit) as
they can be grown and will fruit where I live and we get down to -6 to
-9 regularly. They need protection form wind though.

It has no trouble surviving winter temps here (mine are warmer than
yours) The problem is the temperature in what we laughingly call
"summer".(Yours are warmer than mine).

Janet.