Old 24-07-2015, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_4_] Peter James[_4_] is offline

Default Problems with variagated ceanothus

My variagated ceanothus variety Silver Prince, is growing almost wild in
my front garden here in North Cornwall. Unfortunately most of the
growth is a of a plain green leaf with little or no variagation.

It has flowered on the green growth and looked OK. But we did choose
the plant for the variagation.

If I was to cut the plain growth out would the plant survive it seeing
as how most of the recent growth was of the plain green type leaf?
And would that cause it to produce variagated growth instead of the
plain green growth?

Peter

--
It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph.

Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797