Old 26-07-2015, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_4_] Peter James[_4_] is offline

Default Problems with variagated ceanothus

Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 07:22:29 +0100, (Peter James)
wrote:

Peter James wrote:

My variagated ceanothus variety Silver Prince, is growing almost wild in
my front garden here in North Cornwall.
snipped

Thanks for all of the replies. Now to talk my wife into drastic
pruning.

Peter

I see you asked about this twelve months ago
http://tinyurl.com/q5a6lhc after it got badly frost- and wind-burnt. I
see no point in repeating whatever you did then, because it obviously
didn't work. Do something different this time!

I'm sure you're right. We did cut out the wind and frost burnt material
and it rewarded us by growing green leaf rather like green was the in
fashion colour. Maybe it's due for replacement rather than nurturing
and caring. Show it who's boss!
Peter

--
It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph.

Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797