Old 26-07-2015, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Bumper apple crop this year?

On 26/07/2015 10:07, philgurr wrote:

Cherries pollinated well
but all have dropped off with the recent frosts.

SE Essex - I didn't pick too much of my bumper crop of cherries. They
didn't swell up before ripening very fast. Then rot set in within a day
or two. The blackbird(s) pinched a few of the early ripening crop but
even they gave up quite quickly. In previous years they would have
pinched the whole crop given the chance.