Old 28-07-2015, 12:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
RGrandall RGrandall is offline

Default Permanent Digital Moisture Meter for Plants

replying to W , RGrandall wrote:
persistentone wrote:

Does anyone make a digital meter that can be left in a small plant and show
the water saturation of the soil around the roots 24x7?

I use this soil moisture meter
http://www.vegetronix.com/Products/VG-METER-200/. Although I don't know if
it was originally intended to be left in a pot continuously, I have left
it in there for days on end, and it hasn't done any damage to the device.
Although it is a little more expensive than the cheapo devices you get at
home depot, it is a lot more accurate (believe me when I say I've gone
through my fair share of meters...). I finally reached this meter, and
have been happy with it for the 3 years that I've had it.

Hope this helps!