Old 29-07-2015, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default mystery bulbs

On 28/07/2015 8:08 PM, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 28/07/15 00:16, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 28/07/2015 6:55 AM, Phil L wrote:

I've got about 50 of them and there must be another 4 - 5 hundred
scattered
around the site

I never say no when I'm offered bulbs of any description given that I
have a large garden.

You've never come across Allium viminalis 'Hair', then. Should be
renamed Allium verminalis. Another appalling invasive plant whose seeds
get everywhere (I think they are more like small bulbils than seeds). If
you are offered it, my advice is to say "No"!

No, I've not come across that one but then now you mention it, I'd say
the same for Crocosmia. Nasty bush destroying ravagers they are. I
must look up that Allium as the nly time I've tried to grow the big
alliums, I managed to kill them. And they always look so lovely in
British gardneing magazines.