Old 29-07-2015, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bumper apple crop this year?

On 28/07/15 13:35, Emery Davis wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 08:32:33 +0100, David Rance wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 16:21:18 Emery Davis wrote:

No plums or damsons which is really unusual.

I'm just down the road from you and my plums are doing well. I've even
got damsons on a tree that hasn't fruited for a few years.

Glad you've got some -- question of microclimates I suppose. Trees in
the village seem to have plenty of plums, too.

You wouldn't have time to eat plums with all that other fruit cropping
well! But it is strange how some trees crop really well, but others not
far away are almost bare of fruit. I guess you are right that it could
be a microclimate effect when the plants are in blossom - maybe
fractions of a degree are enough to stop fertilisation.

--

Jeff