Old 29-07-2015, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Fuchsia cuttings disaster

On 28/07/2015 20:03, Phil L wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message

I /may/ have been sucessful, although it's still early, but some I took a
fortnight ago and just shoved them into a pot containing ferns (very
shady area) seem to be holding up OK.

All these that are in almost complete shade (one hour of sun late on when
it's setting) are all doing well, i did nothing more than cut them from the
parent and just poked them into the compost.
It's probably because they never dry out even on warm days.

The 22 taken last week have been misted every day and all are still alive,
still early to tell if they take though, but thanks again to all who replied

Makes you realise there are degrees of shade. "Not in direct sun" is the
ideal spot for a lot of plants. I see no difference between my north and
south facing geraniums, but both locations get plenty of light. Dense
shade is another matter