Old 29-07-2015, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Walking about with Hard Wearing Soles

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:05:34 +0100, john west wrote:

Have been looking for some solid *long lasting *walking shoes, and have

Must say I've never found longer lasting soles than those from paraboot.
Expensive and can take a looong time to wear in, but then there is no
more comfortable shoe that I know. How about these:

http://theshoebuff.com/news/paraboot...ineering-boot/

Note I don't own them, but still have my first paraboots from maybe 25
years ago, and wore them yesterday. The shoe store I got them from just
went out of business sadly, which enabled me to buy a new pair for around
70% off; my son then coveted them so I gave them to him, warning of the
hard months to come breaking them in but figuring he'd keep them longer
than I will, since I'll likely die before they will! He promptly wore
them everywhere for a week and claimed they're super comfortable
immediately! Probably said it just to spite me...

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy