Old 29-07-2015, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright Bill Wright is offline

Default Walking about with Hard Wearing Soles

john west wrote:
Have been looking for some solid *long lasting *walking shoes, and have
seen these:

Brasher Country Traveller GTX Men's Walking shoe

A picture of them is in this site:

http://www.penroseoutdoors.co.uk/p/1...FYbItAodXE4CEA

It says the sole is Countrymaster rubber sole.

I'm mainly stomping pavements, would this likely to be a hard wearing
sole would anyone know? I'm tired of soles that seem to wear out by
themselves just by putting the shoes on.

Thanks

I had pair after pair of these when I was working, as they looked decent
but were great for walking on roofs etc. I still wear a pair every day
and I have kept two old pairs for garage work etc. They are comfy once
broken in and the soles last OK, but there are two drawbacks. They let
water in after a few years no matter how careful you are with them, and
the supplied laces are abysmal. You'll need to replace the laces with
proper ones. You'll think I'm wrong when you get the boots but after a
month the laces will be shagged.

When I need new boots I'll get a pair of these despite the drawbacks.

Bill