Old 30-07-2015, 02:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Damned Leaf Spot

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:17:20 +1200, "~misfit~"
wrote:

Once upon a time on usenet Derald wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote:

Thanks for the links

Hope you find the information useful. Use with caution: Those
sorts of guides can easily lead to confusion. Concentrating on the
visuals only can be misleading. It is important also to be aware of
contributing factors such as season, prevailing weather conditions,
soil conditions, nutrient levels, etc. etc.

Understood. Thanks again.

I have found that another variable is tomato variety, too. Over and
above the specific ones that are wilt-resistant, some are just overly
sensitive to it.

I have found that Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye are highly susceptible to
fungal attack...also to scald and blossom end rot. Damn fine tomatoes
if they make it through, though.

I am growing a lot of different varieties this year, each in large
tubs, each in exactly the same growing medium. The different tubs are
being treated as similarly as one can do under home gardening
conditions, so I really believe some of what I am seeing is variety
based.