Old 30-07-2015, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Walking about with Hard Wearing Soles

On 29/07/2015 16:05, john west wrote:
Have been looking for some solid *long lasting *walking shoes, and have
seen these:

Brasher Country Traveller GTX Men's Walking shoe

A picture of them is in this site:

http://www.penroseoutdoors.co.uk/p/1...FYbItAodXE4CEA

It says the sole is Countrymaster rubber sole.

I'm mainly stomping pavements, would this likely to be a hard wearing
sole would anyone know? I'm tired of soles that seem to wear out by
themselves just by putting the shoes on.

Thanks

The "Hoggs" shoes and boots from Countrywide Farmers are pretty good,
and less than half the price. In fact I've used Countrywide shoes almost
exclusively for work for about 15 years.