Old 30-07-2015, 04:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Damned Leaf Spot

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 11:41:28 -0400, Derald wrote:

Boron Elgar wrote:

I have found that another variable is tomato variety, too. Over and
above the specific ones that are wilt-resistant, some are just overly
sensitive to it.

+1

snip

I am growing a lot of different varieties this year, each in large
tubs, each in exactly the same growing medium. The different tubs are
being treated as similarly as one can do under home gardening
conditions, so I really believe some of what I am seeing is variety
based.

So:
What's your climate like?
What varieties?
What are you seeing? :-)

I am in northern NJ. Sometimes designated zone 6b, sometimes 7a.

I have been at this a long time and known blight/spot/wilt and the
variations pretty well. I am trying Serenade this year, as it is a
biofungicide, but probably waited too long.

This has been a highly productive, relatively dry year for tomatoes in
the area, with minimal problems that can come from a wet season, and
I will have oodles to use and give away from many other varieties.

I had higher hopes for the Tie Dyes, though. Ah well. I got the
seedlings in LA in April and brought them east.. Next year I will try
them from seed.

Or maybe I will get some from the Lomita Tomato Lady.

http://heirloomtomatoplants.com/