Old 01-08-2015, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Walking about with Hard Wearing Soles

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Volker Gringmuth" wrote

Rod Speed wrote:

Why the thin inner pair, what advantage is there with those ?

To keep friction off the skin. I used to do so, too.

Yes that is correct

Still can't understand that, why don't you get friction from them ?

and if you buy the proper liner socks then they help to wick any sweat up
and out of the boot. At least that is the theory.

My feet don't sweat all that much, tho the wooly/nylon mix
heavy socks I wear do get noticeably different after a decent
walk in the hottest summer which can be 10 days over 40C
here. Tho I normally walk as soon as its light enough not
not trip over stuff in summer and try to do it when the
air temp doesn't get over about 25C if I can.