Old 01-08-2015, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Walking about with Hard Wearing Soles

In uk.d-i-y Roger Chapman wrote:
On 01/08/2015 09:03, Graham Seed wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote

Still can't understand that, why don't you get friction from them ?

Not something I understand either, being a single sock man. My gnarly
feet get few blisters these days yet double socked youngsters doing
their D of E have some evil looking ones. I suppose it must reduce
friction as the outer sock will rub on the inner and the inner will rub
on the foot less, but it doesn't stop it.

I used to be a fully paid up member of the two pairs of socks brigade
(which was received wisdom back in the 50s and 60s) and occasionally had
some really nasty blisters on long walks for no apparent reason.Since
switching to a single pair I have not been troubled by blisters and I am
sure that wasn't just because I was walking less and less. Blisters
should be much more of a problem if you only venture out once a blue moon.

Sandals and bare feet, no socks. It's what Dr Barbara Moore used way
back when.

--
Chris Green
ยท