Old 06-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Scottmac Scottmac is offline
Registered User

Default Decking

Hi,

This is my first post of what I hope to be many... And am looking forward to learning along the way! In fact I have a load of questions to be fair but I'll keep it simple for now!

Myself and my partner have recently bought our first home together and we love it! We have always lived in terraced housing but are now living in a lovely house with a front and back garden, for which for the most part don't know where to start with planting ect... Which is what brings me onto the title of this post... Before I go any further into the garden I want to get the decking which we have upto a good state... But again I don't know where to start!!

The decking we have is a red colour which when it rains practically comes of when u are walking on it... The rain dosent run of it and just sits there for the most part what I think is just soaking into it! Some of the boards are warping too ( I have sorted this ) but what I want to do is strip the colour of it back to the natural wood colour and stain it with a natural colour and protect it from the weather... Since I don't know when this was last done and it seems in a pretty bad way I want to get it done before it goes through another winter!

Can someone please help point me in the right direction??

Thankyou