Old 08-08-2015, 12:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default what's up

songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Care to share what that invsasive plant was ? You mentioned that
bees were all over it , and I have a lot of areas here at The 12
Acre Wood where I can plant it and not care how invasive it is ...

almost everything we grow here is full sun
tolerant plants, so i'm not sure how well it would
fare in a woodland setting.

in nosing around i can't find the tag (we kept
them for everything we planted, but for some reason
not this one), but it would say that it is some
variety of penny royal.

i'd not put it in any place that might be grazed
or used as fodder because it can be toxic. i've
chewed on a few leaves over the years and kept
thinking it was a wimpy oregano that somehow got
in, but Ma kept calling it mosquito weed.

songbird

Our woodland setting includes power line easements that are kept clear of
trees . Small chance of anything but deer grazing here , I'll check out
"mosquito weed" .

--
Snag