Old 08-08-2015, 12:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
~misfit~[_4_] ~misfit~[_4_] is offline

Default Winter tomatoes grown under lights...

Once upon a time on usenet songbird wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
Now I just need to find a cheap battery powerd toothbrush. I just
tickled the three or four remaining flowers with my Braun Oral-B but
it would be nicer to have a dedicated cheaper tool for the job.

i think just dinging them with your finger can
be enough. both simple and inexpensive...

Hehee! You're likely right. However I've read that you can get very cheap
electric toothbrushes that use an AA cell, I have a lot of good quality
rechargeable cells and it's easier on my poor old back to touch them with a
toothbrush than to bend down *too* much.

Also the fan I had in there moving the plant didn't pollinate and there's
somthing about the vibration of a bumblebee, similar to some toothbrushes,
that works very well with tomato flowers.

We shall see. If I can find one at the right price I'll get one. Otherwise I
have a few old cell phones in the parts drawer - I'm a tinkerer so might try
to make something using the little vibrator motor out of a cell phone, if
and when I get the time...
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."