Old 09-08-2015, 12:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Brown patch in lawn?

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 10:25:03 AM UTC-4, Mike Lawton wrote:
Hi,

I've just returned from 2 weeks holiday and discovered a big brown patch
in my lawn. I'd say it is about 2 foot square. It's been raining a lot
in the UK recently and the soil below the grass doesn't feel dry but the
grass itself is brown and curled up.

Picture attached.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

|Filename: IMG_1323.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16340|

Mike Lawton

Possibly grubs? Assuming of course you have them there in the UK too.
It's the right time of season for grub damage. But I've never seen a
case where there was just one spot like that either.