Old 10-08-2015, 12:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Winter tomatoes grown under lights...

On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 18:41:58 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

Just happen to have one that I don't use much, may give it a try next
season on the tomatoes. That's if I don't see any pollinators as
happened this year. I hope the A holes who sprayed around here by air
and the builders who destroyed a virgin forest behind us have a bad crop
too.

We have suffered from lack of pollinators this year, too - at least
for the cukes. It is hard to screw up growing cukes, but I have had
trouble with 2 varieties, grown far enough apart so that I know there
is something odd going on.

We do seem to have lots of little critters buzzing around the rest of
the flowers and fruits, but I am guessing whatever preferred cukes had
a bit of a population crash this year.

And I discovered that it hasn't been 4 footed mini-mammals destroying
the tomatoes - it's been mockingbirds!