Old 15-08-2015, 05:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Preservation equipment question

I bought a dehydrator to preserve veggies and meats . I'm wondering if
there's a way to keep the trays from getting nasty . I ask because I
borrowed one from my neighbor and the trays had a build up of "stuff" that
had been processed in the unit - mostly residue from making jerky . Cooking
spray ? Line the trays with screen or hardware cloth ? Cheesecloth ? Or did
he just not clean his properly after use ?
This unit has a fan plus the heater , Nesco model FD-37 400 watt .
Supposed to process a LOT faster than the straight convection units . I'm
going to try some tomatoes early next week , and probably some deer jerky
this weekend .
--
Snag