Old 16-08-2015, 05:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Gossiping, was: Preservation equipment question

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 09:34:25 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

On 8/16/2015 2:16 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:

I've been learning to use this site over the last month or so. With a bit of
experience you can soon be better at estimating the future weather than
those performing monkeys on TV;
http://earth.nullschool.net/#current....99,30.28,1003
http://earth.nullschool.net/#current....99,30.28,1003
http://earth.nullschool.net/#current....99,30.28,1003

You can zoom in and out (mousewheel) and click and rotate the earth and see
what's going on in real time. You can click a place on the map and get data
for that point. (Windspeed, total preipitable water and wind power density.)
I centred it over the US for those URLs, you can move it to where you want
it before bookmarking it yourself and the bookmark will store the scale,
lat. and long. that you set

Enjoy.

Love that site.

Yeah, have an app for that on this computer, I love it, much more
accurate then the gubmint weather heads. My best friend used to be the
USAF weather guy at Cape Canaveral in the early sixties when they were
shooting astro nuts into space. He later flew "spook" planes in Nam and
retired with 20 years behind him. Now he farms pine trees in Loosyanna.
We talk weather nearly every day. He's four months older than me, puir
old thang.

We've fallen behind with weather satellites and that means NOAA cannot
be on its best game. Private weather services in the US buy/use data
from EU sats and sell it commercially and that is often what you see
from a lot of consumer-oriented websites, too.

I am a weather junkie and have at least half a dozen pages I use daily
just for fun. Nothing special, most just give me a better look at
things that affect my own region.

I would never be happy if anyone were harmed, but man o man, I love me
a good storm.