Old 18-08-2015, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Judith is offline

Default Courgettes - not good

I have seen thread where someone is getting much fruit on them.

Not for me: I have Venus F1s growing in raised bed and have much reduced crop
compared with previous years.

However, I have noticed there seems to be a dearth of male flowers this year.
Consequently I think that the females are not being pollinated to the degree
that they have been previously.

I have pollinated females when there has been a male available by transferring
pollen.

I have wondered about cutting off the male flowers and trying to save the
pollen to brush on over say the next week until next male flower appears. Any
views/comments?