Old 18-08-2015, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Courgettes - not good

"Judith" wrote ...

I have seen thread where someone is getting much fruit on them.

Not for me: I have Venus F1s growing in raised bed and have much reduced
crop
compared with previous years.

However, I have noticed there seems to be a dearth of male flowers this
year.
Consequently I think that the females are not being pollinated to the
degree
that they have been previously.

I have pollinated females when there has been a male available by
transferring
pollen.

I have wondered about cutting off the male flowers and trying to save the
pollen to brush on over say the next week until next male flower appears.
Any
views/comments?

Sounds like a good Courgette to grow. :-) We only have two plants this
year, a normal and a yellow, and still keep throwing them in the compost bin
because we get too many. Think we will be down to one plant next year if
any.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.