Old 19-08-2015, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Courgettes - not good

On 18/08/2015 11:12 PM, Judith wrote:

I have wondered about cutting off the male flowers and trying to save the
pollen to brush on over say the next week until next male flower appears. Any
views/comments?

What about just swirling a soft haired watercolour artist's brush over
the male flowers and then put that carefully away with the pollen on it
till you see a pretty girl flower and then swirl boy bits on brush onto
girl's bit flower.

I don't know if the pollen would keep on a brush but probably as long as
on a picked flower. I've certainly successfully done the work of bees
with a brush on pumpkins when for some reason my garden seemed to be
short of bees.