Old 19-08-2015, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default perlite and mice

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 17:23:18 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 18/08/15 15:34, Emery Davis wrote:
I've got some 100l sacks, in heavy paper, of perlite that I need to store.

Does anyone know if mice will eat the perlite? I know they love
styrofoam, in some ways it's not that different.

Thanks, -E

I can't see mice eating perlite unless it has a taste they like. But,
just in case, got any hot chilli peppers, such as cayenne or habanero?
Just liquidise and paint the stuff on the outside of the sacks. Just
remember to wash your hands or wear gloves the next time you want some
perlite.

In my experience that does not work. Mice like chilli.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com