Old 24-08-2015, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Transplanting a plum tree - ??

On 23/08/2015 21:04, Another John wrote:
Looking again at the tree, and the diameter of its trunk at knee level
(about 5" now) I'd guess the answer is No (given that I am beginning to
admit to myself that I am past my prime).

I took down an ash tree earlier this year with a trunk about that size.
I cut off all the roots and the branches so all I had was a trunk
perhaps 8ft long. I needed to use wheels to move it.

(It's now firewood)

Andy