Old 29-08-2015, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Any use for overgrown courgettes?

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 23:59:11 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

[]
Myself, I eat almost anything. Except tripe and I don't fancy squid
either.

I'm with you: tripe is a step to far. People around here adore it though.

Talk of grating reminds me of a recipe we did just only last week, grated
(overgrown) courgette bake. Sort of a crustless quiche, fill a casserole
with grated courgette, pour beaten eggs/milk over it, top with grated
cheese. (Sometimes we add bacon to the mix, although not last week.)
Bake medium for 30-ish minutes. Makes a good main course along with a
salad. We call it a Katherine-bake after our friend who thought us how
to do it.

I usually slice and freeze to put into rice dishes all year.
If they get really huge my hens turn them into eggs.