Old 30-08-2015, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Anybody know of a decent corded trimmer

In article , says...

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 08:37:24 -0400
"J. Clarke" wrote:

Looking for a decent corded trimmer that feeds reliably and will last.
I'm tired of throwing away cheap plastic crap or struggling with balky
feed mechanisms that never work for more than a few minutes at a time.
My first trimmer, a B&D bought some time in the early '80s, worked great
until somebody stole it, but every replacement I've tried has been a
piece of junk. It seems like the corded trimmers these days are treated
as the low end of the product line.

For stuff like that I patiently troll Craigslist for a used version
like I had/want. Use a search term like "decker elec* string" without
the quotes. Search several times a week until the model you want turns
up.

Are there any decent ones or do I need to say screw it and go with gas?

I don't think you will find a suitable gas version that isn't pretty
expensive. They have screwed/cheapened the consumer grade gas versions
too. You would have to get a commercial grade machine like you see the
lawn service guys using. Be sitting down when you price them...

At this point expense doesn't bother me. If I could get a decent corded
trimmer for 2-3 hundred bucks I'd go for it in an instant. But all I'm
finding are gas and battery.