Old 30-08-2015, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Any use for overgrown courgettes?

On 18/08/2015 11:01, Martin wrote:
On 18 Aug 2015 09:06:40 GMT, Emery Davis wrote:

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 23:59:11 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

[]
Myself, I eat almost anything. Except tripe and I don't fancy squid
either.

I'm with you: tripe is a step to far. People around here adore it though.

I associate tripe with post WWII food shortages and dehydrated mashed potato
POM.
IMO tripe is tasteless and has a slimy texture.

Actually, I think it's deeply yummy. I've eaten white and dark tripe.
Never cooked it; all our family ate it washed straight from the butchers
with vinegar, salt and pepper. Exquisiste! Can't buy it now for
trying. Last time I asked for some, the butcher said "Is it for your
dog?" Totally barking.
--
Spider
On high ground in SE London