Old 03-09-2015, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Any use for overgrown courgettes?

"Ophelia" wrote in message

I hope you enjoy this story. More to come if you want.

Yes please!!!

It was a shame that his own children were afraid of him, my grandmother
allowed it.
His compost heap was awesome and one day he said to me "would you like to
see 10 rats?" I was about 5 or 6 so I said yes. So I saw a litter of
very small rats, pinkies, that he had drowned that were in the compost heap.
I was a bit startled. I said "are they dead ?" He said yes, and that's
sometimes what we have to do"

I cried a bit then. I was a tender-hearted child.